Saturday, November 12, 2011

Art Show Opening Reception


I absolutely love getting super dressed up. Thanks to our school's new Art Show held in our library I got to dress super formal without feeling over-dressed. Everyone there was wearing some sort of suit or dress with a huge winter jacket, it looked really cool, and fancy.  Well I actually had to dress up.  Why?  Cause I got asked to play the background music for the Art Show for two hours.  So much fun! Piano is definitely one of my favorite instruments, and I don't think there are too many things more fun in life than just sitting at a piano and improvising for an hour or two, well at least not for a song-writer. Forget all the rules and theory and just let your feelings flow out.  That's when I believe some of the prettiest music comes out.

So anyways, dressing up is pretty simple, just wear a black dress, nylons, heels, and you're good to go.  Having a really nice jacket can help too though.  I got this one for about $20 at Teen Challenge a few years back and now I've finally gotten to use it.  It's been super cold recently and it actually fits well now so I've just been using it to style up everything from leggings, dresses, skirts, jeans, any oufit possible. lol


I've also been using this purse a lot. My bestie Elika gave it to me last year. I love it, cause it's quite spacious without being ridiculously big, and it's brown, thus it goes with pretty much everything. :) It's also the perfect size for carrying my lit books, much lighter than carrying a huge backpack, more stylish too! 




<3 Music is my life.  I thank God for it every day.  <3



Here's another example of a time I wore this jacket. This was for our new choir, Master Works Chorale's very first concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment