Monday, March 26, 2012

Simply Sweet


 If fashion is all about self-expression, then who says I need to be an expert to talk about fashion?


After a fun reunion with my bestie from the dorms (six hours of walking in the mall), I decided to not be ashamed of my fashion blog.  Sure I may not be an "expert" or super "trendy" but I'm Perfectly Me.  And like she says, there are tons of girls out there who's job is to run a fashion blog, and they display tons of simple outfits.  However finding where my digital camera ran off to, might be a helpful start ;)

Somehow this semester in my effort to pack "light,"  I accidentally brought more shoes than actual clothes leaving me with barely any fashion choices.  That was in January, and I haven't been home since.  When my family came up in February for the school's musical I was in, I asked if they could bring some sweaters, T-shirts, and regular clothes..... yep, you could imagine what happens when you're that vague.  I got a stack full of fifteen T-shirts, two old sweatshirts, and a few other items.   Thankfully, Spring Break starts next week so I'll get to venture my closet back home and bring back everything I need.


Lately, I've been trying to take the fewer nice clothes I have here and mix 'em up.  Get some new outfits I haven't done before.  I really liked this one.  I've always worn this gray zebra print cardigan with gray or white or black, which has kind of made it really dull or not that appealing.  However when thrown together with a pink cami, it just makes the outfit that much girlier; plus it gives sleeves to a shirt that otherwise I would not wear in public by itself.

What I love most about wearing pink is that it softens the appearance of an outfit.  Such as the outfit with the leather jacket from the other day.

I accessorized this outfit by wearing pink earrings and my prayer box I got for my Quince Años.  I also threw on a white bangle for fun and contrast.

Another great thing about this cardigan is that it has pockets.  Not that I ever use them, but still.


Boots go great with everything.  I love these ones in particular.  They're super comfy, black, and flat.



So it may seem weird that I'm using bathroom pics on my blog, but it's so much less embarrassing than posing in front of a tripod and taking pics of yourself, and honestly I haven't found many other mirrors lately. The lighting in this bathroom was especially good too. lol

Anyways never give up on your dreams, you never know where they'll lead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment